A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hello weeds there isn't enough room in this garden for the both of us...

Today was yard day.

I love having a house but with it comes yardwork, which with the recent downpours we have been having, is resulting in the weeds getting semi-prehistoric looking. During the work week, especially with an approximate 3 hr total travel time per day, when I get home, and make dinner if it is my day to do so, my mind is on a good book, bad reality television, or blog reading. I don't feel like weeding. Plus post-sundown is mosquito attack zone. Since I end up with bites looking like welts due to some sort of reaction, I'll pass.

Early this morning was another down pour and it was yet again loud enough to make me get up, though this time to take the air conditioner piece out of the window. Good thing since the screen was soaked when I actually woke up.

Then it was pretty much this:

Breakfast = Cinnamon Toast Crunch (left by a friend who was staying with us = not how I remembered it from years ago) w skim milk, Crisp apple w Maranatha almond butter (so it felt like I actually ate something)

Watch last night's episode of True Blood since I get free HBO this weeked (AT&T promo thing = awesome!)

Debate to go outside.

Go outside. Forget hat. Get hat.

Go to get kneeling pad. Decided against kneeling pad since wasp/hornet things are back in the shed!!!! Text Mr. CSYA stating this. (He'll take care of it again as was the case last year. ugh.)

Weed for 2 hrs then inside for lunch: whole wheat wrap w turkey & cheddar cheese topped with hot sauce.

Grab junky towel to use as kneepad, hat, and go back at it for another 2 hrs or so.

That section looks really good now and I am quite proud of myself.

Since dinner is in the crock pot, I'm now relaxing and having a green monster (2 handfuls spinach, 1 banana, 5 strawberries, handfull of ice, and splash of pomegranate juice.)

Inside the crockpot is a medium piece of pot roast, 1 can College Inn low-sodium beef broth + 1/2 can water, 2 medium carrots, 1 orange bell pepper, 1/3 yellow onion, 1/2 tomato, 3 glugs worchestershire, 2 shakes cumin, 1 shake mustard powder, 2 shakes garlic powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment