A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Monday, June 28, 2010

All(most) All Together Dead....errr Read

I've borrowed All Together Dead from a friend of mine so that I can finish the Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse books that have already been released. I had been buying them sporadically not realizing she had them all. True, I will eventually pickup the paperbacks of the ones I have not gotten yet but for now this works.

It also gives me something to do on public transportation. While it is time consuming, it is much less stressful than driving downtown every day. I know there are lots and lots of people who do the drive daily but I'd rather not add extra stress to my life when I can sit and read.

Today was a weird day. I didn't sleep that well again with the crazy weather changes lately. I know it's like I am part barometer or something. In rushing out of the door I forgot my lazy lunch of the Lean Cuisine Squash Ravioli. The rest of my day's food was pretty much set. I'm trying to not rely in lazy-box-lunches as I call them since I know that too many preservatives aren't good and very likely to have my body not like me.

Breakfast:

  • Banana
  • Oatmeal w ground flax seed, cinnamon, and sugar (made w water)

Morning snack:

  • 0% Chobani Strawberry w 1/4 cup Fit n Active Raisin Granola
  • 1/2 Crisp apple

Lunch:

  • Medium salad: 2 types lettuce - one red/green & other I cannot remember, 1/4 green bell pepper, 1/2 cup mix of peas and corn, small portion of a carrot, light Italian dressing (just a drizzle) all shaken together in a lidded container (I have learned the greatness of a shaken salad)
  • Grilled Chicken Club from McDs (since I knew just a salad wouldn't hold me over)

Afternoon snack:

  • 1/2 crisp apple
  • 1 cup Stash Chamomile tea
  • handful Tropical Dots (I love Dots and the tropical ones I just discovered this weekend)

Evening snack:

  • 2 small croissants w 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 plain brownies (I needed chocolate fix since I hadn't had any in awhile)

Dinner:

  • Patty melt (had to get Mr CSYA from work = lazy option for tonight)

I've noticed Mondays are harder for me to set things up. It's a mix of thinking I'll get it totally set in the morning, the snooze button, and wanting to eat everything I bring too early. Perhaps it is that I eat a larger breakfast over the weekends. It's mostly because I have a leisurely breakfast while watching some sort of tv show that I had recorded. I am hesitant to do so in the morning esp if I get sucked in and lose track of time which is easy for me when half awake.

Last night I hooped for about a half hour which felt great. I can feel it more so in my right hip after trying belly dancing moves while hooping. It was really fun to try and I can do some things. Others just make it spin once then drop. I think if I can figure out just how much of a knee bend I need to not let the hoop drop when I'm at a bit of an angle I'll be set.

Frankie and Bond are staring to do their kitties-as-sharks mode and circling. That means I should be getting ready for bed and so they get their taste of a cat food as a night snack. A fed cat is one not launching a metal food bowl down the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment