A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Monday, June 7, 2010

Unless we get a little crazy...

I've had this song stuck in my head lately. The fact that I abso love it in the original version + this one always works well. I need to get it cued up where I can try hooping to it. The tempo is slow enough to give me time for set up and fast enough for some of the "step over" moves.



I need to set up a flickr account for food pictures on this. Pictures are good. I like pictures. I have noticed though that the last few NOM NOM NOM inducing meals did not/prob would not photograph that well. Pasta + veggies + red sauce of some sort makes it go all orange. I need to look up some tips on getting better color balancing without full on editing everything in Photoshop.

So I lost an entire day this past weekend to a migraine which was EXTREMELY annoying - no Zumba class, no birthday party/housewarming, no other evening birthday party! I am not sure if it was just the crazy weather changes or if it was the nitrates in the hot dogs I had friday night. I have read and heard people mention that ingredients in food work as triggers. I did track meals on The Daily Plate a ways back and while I did like it at times I am unsure if this is the best way to get healthy.

True counting calories works for others but for me if I am not eating enough in general I get cranky. I know that technically it IS enough but perhaps it is finding the better balance. I prefer hobbit mode when it is set up properly.

Today was iffy since I kept waking up feeling blegh due to my sinuses:

Breakfast (could have been MUCH better esp since I didn't have my usual oatmeal)
2/3 small can of Red Bull
Large Banana

Morning snack:
Granny smith apple

Lunch (dinner leftovers) I'm guessing it was at least 2 cups of rice and a cup and a half of the veggies - I wasn't hungry when I was done w it all
brown rice w zucchini, yellow squash, onions, mushrooms sauteed in olive oil

Afternoon snack
100 calorie pack keebler chocolate grahms
12 oz Coke

Dinner (all together 2 - 2 1/2 cups ?? - usually don't measure
Fit n Active Wheat rigatoni
Shrimp w (red pepper flakes/garlic) tomato sauce, green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach
water

I know I can do MUCH better. I just need to get to bed so that I can wake up and get everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment