A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Thursday, May 6, 2010

When it rains it pours

My ambition has gone by the wayside lately. It was first due to just being busy/worn out but I kept going. I've found by getting changed right when I get home on a class day I can't talk myself into staying home. Last week this totally worked and I got in a great workout. The prior week was too much weight for the reps but that time I got the right mix.

The second and most important was due to my friend's mom being sick. She has had cancer for a few months and while we all have known, it gets hard to accept at times. I am a firm believer that sometimes you just need to be in a funk. Then it's time to get out of the funk. Well this time the funk is more like gloom. She passed away Monday morning and since she was like a second mother to me, it's been hard.

Some people scream and cry. I cry then move to stop crying. Walks during lunch. Stairs at home. Straightening up WHATEVER just to keep moving. Keeping myself busy helps keep my mind busy until I wear myself into a rut. This time the rut is the head cold that The Husband had and is slowly getting rid of now. I have to remind myself that sorrows can't just be drowned in junk food and that sleep is necessary so that I can kick this and be there to support my friend when she needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment