A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Friday, July 23, 2010

MDW to DEN

Mr. CSYA and I just back got back from Denver and Boulder. It was a great trip and I am worn out. He got home yesterday and I was stuck on standby til EARLY this morning. EEP! I am not a morning person and definitely not a 4 am person in terms of lining up for a flight. I slept a little bit but for the most part it was napping and reading. Today is a bit wacky now even with take a good sized nap when I got home. I know by tomorrow night I'll be back to normal if not close.

This is my second time to Denver and Breckenridge but first time to Boulder. Compared to the Chicago area, I think Boulder was much much MUCH more laid back. The less, if even recognizable, humidity there helps too. We walked all over all three cities and several places in between as well as tried some local places to eat. I took a ton of photos - Rocky Mts! How can you not?!?!


I've recently started the House of Night series and am totally loving it. A friend called it Harry Potter but with vampires and that is a legit comparison. It is not totally the same but the basic concept of a vampire finishing school makes sense. I don't want to give too much away but for a YA novel it's fulfilling. I read the first book and half the second while I was waiting to come home.

1 comment:

  1. If I was going to live somewhere that isn't Chicago, Denver is probably #1 on my move-to list. I absolutely love it out there!

    ReplyDelete