A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Monday, July 5, 2010

Pedal to the meddle

The bike is out and it feels so great to be riding around the neighborhood. Better late than never with a "better late then stung" included as well. We have had hornet problems in the shed this year and last year. I have never been stung by anything other than a horsefly as a kid and the run of the mill mosquito. Anything else creeps me out.

Mr. CSYA and I went to a friend's house to watch the fireworks last night. It's a short ride, about 3 miles, and worked so much better than fighting the traffic. The show was really good and the weather cooperated. I was worried it would rain since it drizzled when I was out riding earlier in the day.

I've decided to work in a combo of Zumba, Shred, biking, and stability ball work. If it is not a class, I get antsy after awhile so Shred will be interesting. I like the workout but the music is annoying. I'd love to mute it once I get the hang of the routine and set it to my own playlist.

Today's food listing:

Breakfast:

  • English muffin w Country Crock (w calcium & vitamin D)
  • Green Monster (spinach, splash orange juice, 4 strawberries, 2 bananas, ice)

Lunch:

  • Grilled cheese w green chilies (mild cheddar, mozzarella on oat bran bread)
  • Scoop of potato salad
  • Passion fruit tea

Afternoon snack:

  • 1/2 wrap with hummus, onion salt, cumin, paprika
  • Crisp apple w Maranatha almond butter
  • Cherry lime-ade
  • Coke

Dinner:

  • Pulled pork sandwich (slow cooked in a smoker by my cousin = NOM NOM NOM)
  • Veggie Medley
  • Twix ice cream bar

No comments:

Post a Comment