A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Strawberry Apple Oat Muffins based bliss

I woke up this morning in the mood to bake. With it being windy and damp this morning, I had no yard work keeping me from making the house smell amazing due to the mouthwatering goodness baking in the oven.



I had found the Oat Applesauce Muffins on the Quaker website a ways back. It looked basic but tasty. This morning I realized that I didn't have regular applesauce and so changed things up a bit.

We had a brand new jar of chunky strawberry applesauce in the pantry so that took the place of the plain applesauce. The strawberry/apple/oat combo is one that I have had before and it quite common so I knew it wouldn't end up odd tasting. Since the applesauce wasn't unsweetened as listed in the ingredients, I lessened the brown sugar about an 1/8 of a cup (measuring cup I was using didn't had small increments.)

They turned out AMAZING! The addition of the strawberry taste was perfect. The chunky applesauce added to the texture so much that I don't know if I'd use anything but that type. It was sweet but not overly sweet.

Hubs and I had two of these beauties for breakfast this morning.





I had to have the "model muffin" for this shoot. Not that it would have gone to waste since Molly was utterly confused on why there was food in the window. (It was the best light at the moment. I know you all understand.) She was verrrrry close but no deal. Good thing she knows the word "NO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment