A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Goodbye silly man

Tonight was pretty surreal and not in a good way. I found out one of the first friends I made in college died recently. We had since grown apart but not due to negative reasons. Just life moving along and after undergrad plans guiding us in different reactions.

The last time I had seen him was totally by chance maybe 5 or so years ago. I was on a L train. He saw me, literally jumped into the train and rode with me to a different stop so we could catch up. Then he got off my train and back to his actual line which was the opposite direction.

One of my closest friends had seen him over the summer. She was the one I called immediately after hearing the news. My shocked tone was mimicked by hers. She had wake info but I'm not going since for the most part I hate wakes.

I'd rather remember him as I did years ago with a silly grin on his face.

Just all do me a favor: Hug your loved ones tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment