A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Enchiladas sleepyza

I had enchiladas on the brain since Caitlin posted about them awhile back. I didn't make veggie ones this time but I do plan to do a version soon w zucchini, carrots, and bell peppers but w a red sauce. YUM!

I had one of those ah-hah moments today. The bus was running late due to road construction and a overpass bridge being redone, three areas causing delays to be exact just in my route. There are a good three other places all torn up as well. Basically it is nothing new and I deal with it and read. (Today I just had a knitting pattern book. Pretty pictures but after awhile I couldn't read patterns.) I could have easily jumped in the truck and headed out for fast food but I didn't. Other times when I've been running late and tired that was the quick fix. The thought of making something from scratch was more aggravating.

Super late dinner tonight = red pepper chicken enchiladas in salsa verde (made in store not via a jar) + stewed tomatoes. This is day two of "I just wanna go to sleep yet I cook." I know if I don't eat well I will get sick. True, I may end up getting the cold that has been annoying me/hinting every now and then but it won't be as bad.

I picked up Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil at the library today. The Beach Street Knitting Society & Yarn Club is one of my favs so I'm hoping the sequel is just as good. It'll help me stay awake on public trans tomorrow morning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment