A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's a bit chili in this house

Today was another Slow Cooker Sunday. I woke up this morning wanting chili and Hubs was game. (He was also focused on watching the Bears game.) This way we could each have a relaxing Sunday and not have to stand in the kitchen making dinner.

It was a pretty basic combo of ground beef, beans - black, chili and kidney, canned tomatoes, frozen sweet corn, and a mix of spices including cumin, chili powder, onion salt, red/black pepper shot, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and paprika. It ended up a nice heat that didn't hit right away rather than other times when it is super spicy the moment you taste it.

Today was a total lazy day especially after a busy long weekend. I managed to catch up on some recorded TV and knit. Frankie wasn't happy that he couldn't sit on my lap/chest like he does all the time. Luckily I stopped him before he plopped down on my circulars. True, they would have probably scared him more than actually hurt him since these knitting needles aren't very sharp but I still would have felt bad.

The Family Stone is on right now and even though I own the movie and have seen it numerous times, I am watching it again. My knitting project is garter stitch based so it will result in that zone out to both mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment