A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Please say yes to turkey comas

I was a bit scared earlier this week that I had the flu. With early Thanksgiving last night at my in-laws and actual Thanksgiving coming up, I didn't want to be unable to enjoy the festivities. It looks like it is pretty bad sinus congestion and the cough is back which is making me feel gross. My appetite comes and goes with things tasting off at others but I'm keeping things down. Gross to include but it was more put together than if I posted earlier.

Early Thanksgiving went really well. We had the early edition since my BiL and SiL were in town. (They are stationed overseas.) Turkey, ham, sweet potatoes with marshmallows and some sort of citrus perhaps orange juice, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole and rolls were the main course. I brought a peanut butter cup pie (one of those Jello No Bakes that everyone seemed to really enjoy.) There was pumpkin pie, apple pie, black & white cookies, and cheesecake. I ended up having a slice of apple pie. I hadn't had apple pie in ages so that made it especially good.

Just thinking about all that food makes me want to go take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment