A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Monday, November 29, 2010

Rain rain rainrainrain

I recently lost another umbrella to downtown Chicago weather. If you have never had to deal with the crazy wind/rain combo in the city, kudos to you since it is truly a pain in the butt. Many times I have decided just to forget about the umbrella, put up my hood, and get semi wet... or you just put a garbage bag with a hole in it over your head. That works too.

So sans my umbrella and sans a replacement in my bag, of course it rains today. Luckily it was on the way home and so if I got wet it wasn't a huge deal. I get off the bus and it's coming down a little but just enough to be annoying so I decided to run home - or rather run/jog/slow to a walk to readjust messenger bag/RUN. That's when Mother Nature decided to mock me.

I am completely serious.

I would speed up and it would start coming down harder. I'd slow back to a walk and the drops would magically shrink. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I kept focused on the sidewalk. Yup. It was true. Half dollar sized drops that I was anticipating becoming hail made me finally give up. I didn't want hail.

No comments:

Post a Comment