A life where arts & crafts meets food & fitness

_

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to The Good Life

Hubs and I went to see Weezer at the Aragon last night. This was night two of the Chicago stop. Friday was Blue Album + greatest hits setlist. Our show was the greatest hits - ie one song from each release as well went on a trip back in time in the"time machine. - and Pinkerton. The set list was a great mix and I totally love that they played b-sides. I need to find the setlist posted because I was rocking out too much to write it down.

I have been a Weezer fan since jr high and have my Blue Album cassette tape that I actually had them sign when I met them back in 2001. It was an amazing moment. I have attended almost every concert in the Chicago area since (I want to say I missed maybe two that were a quite a ways/over an hr as the base of the drive and wasn't able to get there) was a great time and last night didn't disappoint.

The show was sold out in terms of general tickets and the place was packed. If you aren't from the Chicago area and/or never been to the Aragon, it was an old ballroom built in the 20s. My Gram remembers it back from when she used to go dancing. (The Trianon that is mentioned in the linked article is actually where my grandparents met!) While it is not really the same kind of dancing, people were totally rocking out during the show. I was lipsynching along - minus whoah ohs - to save the poor girl in front of me from listening to my off key renditions. (I've had to deal with that before and have since tried not to ruin someone's time.)

If you are a Weezer fan who hasn't attended a concert and have the chance to see them live, I highly recc it.

No comments:

Post a Comment